Terms & Conditions
Website: (Terms & Conditions)
Information in this site is provided only for general information purpose and on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind.
Use of this information is at the user's sole risk. The authors and the PTCL assume no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this information and shall not be liable for any damages arising from its uses.
PTCL Service (Terms & Conditions)
1) In this contract:
(a) “Charges” means any monthly tariffs, installation, activation, connection charges and/or surcharges/tax/GST applicable to the activated Services at the rates published by PTCL.
(b) “Equipment” means Customer Premises Equipment CPE, including broadband modem, Set Top Box (“STB”), EVO device, telephone equipment, wire (including RUIM Card, accessories) supplied to the Customer by PTCL.
(c) “Service(s)” means all and/or any Service(s) categorically described overleaf as elected by the Customer subject to any modification and variation by PTCL from time to time.
(d) “Encryption Device” means any device used to protect and/or secure data / voice transmissions.
2) Provision of Services by PTCL: (A) PTCL will establish and maintain the Connection and will endeavor to make the desired Service(s) available to the Customer throughout the term of this contract. (B) All or any Service(s) will be provided in accordance with the applicable law and PTCL Policy. (C) All Equipment, except paid, will remain the asset of PTCL and customers are bound to return the Equipment in its original working condition in the event of termination of Service(s).
3) Payments and Charges:
(A) All the Payments and Charges for the Service(s) under this Contract shall exclusively be determined/revised by PTCL from time to time. The revised Tariff or Charges shall be notified to customer through Electronic or Print Media. The revised Charges will apply to the Customer from the date of notification. (B) The Customer shall unconditionally pay all applicable charges mentioned in the invoice within the specified time. (C) Failure to make Payment within due date would: (i)Result in immediate disconnection / suspension / termination of the Service and Contract; (ii) Render the Customer to pay outstanding amounts due to PTCL; and in case of disconnection an extra surcharge shall be payable by the Customer, on the amount outstanding at the rate of 2% per month above KIBOR, in addition to the Bank Rate per annum pro-rated weekly, and in the absence of KIBOR, other rate determined by PTCL pro-rated weekly. (iii) Give PTCL a right to suspend / disconnect Service(s) to any or all other Connections held by the Customer; (D) Render the Customer to pay applicable reconnection charges, if a reconnection is requested, and before reconnection, the Customer shall pay an advance against future payments, if required; (E) Customer shall pay Monthly Charges till the suspension or disconnection of the Service(s) becomes effective, whether such suspension/disconnection is required by the Customer (or by a person acting on behalf of the Customer) or by PTCL in accordance with Clause 11 of this contract. (F) PTCL reserves the right to determine an appropriate credit limit to the Customer for availing the Service(s). Such credit limit shall be secured either by a refundable cash deposit placed by the Customer with PTCL or other adequate security or alternate arrangement acceptable to PTCL. In the event such credit limit is exceeded at any time, PTCL is entitled to disconnect or suspend the Service(s) to the Customer and/or terminate the Contract.
4) Duration and Time: This contract shall commence on the date of approval by PTCL after signing of this form along with these Terms & Conditions by the Customer and, the provisions of this Contract shall continue thereafter until terminated by either party hereto.
5) Prohibition of Assignment: Rights and obligations of the Customer under this contract shall not be assigned without prior written consent of PTCL.
6) Warranties: (A) In addition to terms contained in the warranty card, the Equipment purchased by the Customer from PTCL, is free from defects in material and workmanship, and the Customer acknowledges that commencement of Service(s) shall be deemed to be a discharge of this warranty. (B) This warranty is specifically limited to defects in material and workmanship in the Equipment and does not apply where the Equipment is used in combination with equipment not supplied, manufactured or expressly approved by PTCL. It shall also not apply to repair or replacement necessitated by catastrophe, misuse, abuse, fault or negligence, user modification, improper maintenance or operation, user alteration or damages due to spilling of food or liquids, and normal wear and tear. (C) PTCL hereby disclaims all liabilities whatsoever in respect of and/or arising out of the Service(s) provided, except for the warranty provided in paragraph (A) above. (D) Warranty for broadband modem & STB is applicable for one year from date of installation.
7) Liabilities: The Customer agrees that PTCL shall be indemnified against all acts or omissions of the channels or contents provided for Smart TV by third party and Customer further acknowledges that notwithstanding any other provision, PTCL shall NOT be held liable to Customer for any losses and /or damages sustained due to any reason whatsoever, OR for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Agreement. PTCL shall not be regarded as being in breach of its obligations set forth in this Agreement and Customer shall have no claim against PTCL in that respect. PTCL’s obligations are contingent upon the license issued for the provisioning of such services. Should such license be revoked or not renewed for any reason, PTCL will not be liable to refund advance payment(s) and / or deposit(s) placed by the Customer.
8) Use of the Service via Customer Premises Equipment: (A) PTCL reserves the right to issue any instructions regarding the use of the Service(s) / Service Level(s) as it may from time to time consider necessary to maintain the integrity, quality and safety of the Service(s) for all Customers and such instructions shall be deemed as an integral part of this contract. (B) The Customer is personally responsible for the use of all Services and System under this Contract and shall neither use nor permit any person to use the Services/System for: (i) Any activity which is abusive, offensive, indecent, obscene or menacing messages or communications, or misusing Equipment or Services for any activity which is improper/unlawful /immoral and prohibited under any of the applicable laws of Pakistan. (ii) The Customer will not be authorized to use the Customer equipment provided by PTCL on any other operator’s network.
9) Maintenance & Replacement of Broadband Modem: In case of damage to broadband modem, not covered under the warranty, the customer will be charged for the cost of the damaged modem with an option to purchase new.
10) Maintenance / Replacement of STB/EVO Device and charges for misuse:
(A) (i). For customers who have Purchased the STB/EVO Device on onetime payment - In case the STB/EVO device has been damaged due to reasons not covered under Warranty, the faulty STB/EVO device will be returned to the customer and the options for procuring a new one will be offered to the customer. (ii). For Customers who have purchased STB/EVO Device on Installments: In case the STB/EVO device has been damaged due to reasons not covered under Warranty, the customer shall pay o the old lease charges, the STB/EVO device will be returned to the customer and the options for procuring a new one will be offered to the customer i.e. New purchase or new lease.
(B) In case of termination of Smart TV/EVO services on customer request or nonpayment or for any other reason, the terms and conditions regarding CPE will be as follows: (i) For customers who have Purchased STB/EVO Device on onetime payment: In the event the Customer decides to discontinue Smart TV/EVO Service, PTCL is not bound to purchase back the STB/EVO Device. The equipment will become the property of customer and will not be collected by PTCL. (ii) For Customers who have purchased STB/EVO Device on Installments: The Customer agrees that the leased equipment remains in the ownership of PTCL until the leased amount is fully paid o by the Customer to PTCL. In case of termination of service due to any reason, the customers will allow PTCL staff to collect the STB/EVO Device from the customer premises and pay any PTCL dues and outstanding bills excluding any future hire purchase installments. Moreover, PTCL will not refund any installments paid towards the hire purchase of the equipment and the return of the equipment shall not, under any circumstances, be deemed to be a settlement of any outstanding dues or bills owed by the Customer to PTCL.
(11) Suspension/Disconnection and Termination: (A) PTCL reserves the right to suspend/terminate the Services with immediate effect in case of non-payment of bill within due date. The Services shall be resumed on payment of all arrears/outstanding dues /charges as per PTCL Policy. (B) PTCL may at any time and without notice suspend, disconnect and/or terminate any or all the Service(s), and the Customer hereby waives all claims and rights in respect thereof including the right to contest such suspension, disconnection and/or termination. (C) This Contract shall automatically and without notice terminate, without prejudice to accrued rights of PTCL, in the event of the Customer becoming bankrupt or otherwise insolvent or death of the Customer; (D) Upon termination of this Contract, the Customer shall forthwith pay PTCL: (i) All amounts due to PTCL at the time of termination together with any late payment charges, surcharges or whatsoever. (ii) All costs including legal fees reasonably incurred by PTCL in enforcing its rights under this contract including the recovery of monies. (E) Notwithstanding the above PTCL may terminate any or all Service(s) without any reason whatsoever.
12) Arbitration and Applicable Law: If any difference or dispute, in any way connected with this Contract, shall arise between the parties hereto which cannot be settled amicably within a period of one (1) month, then such difference or dispute shall be referred to PTA and its decision shall be final and binding on the parties hereto. This Contract shall be governed by the laws of Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
13) Additional Terms:
(a) This Contract including the particulars overleaf constitutes the entire agreement between PTCL and the Customer(s).
(b) Any Connection or Service(s) may be monitored at any time by the relevant and legitimate agencies of the Government of Pakistan in the national interest.
(c) PTCL in its exclusive discretion reserves the right to refuse, change or remove Customer ID’s/Passwords/PINS which it deems inappropriate or offensive.
(d) For any change in particulars overleaf, the Customer undertakes to inform PTCL immediately.
(e) Service to any or all Customers may be temporarily interrupted or curtailed because of Equipment modification, upgrades, relocations, repairs and similar activities necessary for the proper operation of Service. However, in the event a scheduled interruption is planned, reasonable notice will be given.
(f) The Customer will not infringe any copyright or intellectual property right to the information and resources available via the service by PTCL.
The Customer hereby undertakes to accept and comply with all the Terms & Conditions set forth herein.